$4,250 AQUACAT | $3,600 BLUE WHALER
- SUPPLIED FISHING GEAR
- MORNING TEA, BUFFET LUNCH & AFTERNOON TEA
- OPTIONAL SNORKELING
- PRIVATE USE OF VESSEL
Our private charters are a great idea for corporate functions, birthdays, parties or just because! Get a group of friends, family or colleagues together and enjoy a day of fishing and/or snorkelling out on the Great Barrier Reef.
Booking a private charter on either of our boats gives you exclusive use of the vessel, allows for flexible departure times and varying catering packages. The Aqua Cat can carry 1-15 passengers, and the Blue Whaler can carry 1-12 passengers.
- Morning tea, buffet lunch & afternoon tropical fruit and NQ prawn platter
- Fishing equipment, tackle and bait
- Personalised CRF sports drink bottles with filtered water (yours to keep!)
- Esky & ice on-board for fish and BYO alcohol
- Snorkel equipment (optional)
- Skipper and crew
- Catches cleaned and bagged
- Reef tax and fuel levy
- Check-in at the Cairns Marlin Marina (behind Shangri-La), D Finger at 6:30am, departure/return times can be altered for private charters. We do need to return by 4.30 pm at the latest
- Depart for the reef, travel time is 90 minutes minimum
- Once we find our destination, we will give a short briefing on reef fishing technique
- Lunch on the boat around midday
- Depart the reef for the trip home around 2pm.
- Return between 3:30-4:00pm
- Have your catch cooked at one of our local restaurants (organised prior to departure)
What to bring
- Cash for beer, soft drinks or merchandise
- Alcohol (cans preferred and mid strength only please)
There is a plethora of fish you could hook!
Our target species are:
- Coral Trout
- Large & Small Mouth Nannygai
- Red Emperor
- Spanish Mackerel
- Fish & snorkel
You can add a snorkel option to your charter. It’s a great way to mix up your day and is really the ultimate Great Barrier Reef day out. We suggest you fish in the morning till around 11am then we move into the shallows next to one of the sand cays and you can swim/snorkel in the crystal clear waters. After lunch you have the option of having another swim/snorkel or return to the fishing grounds for another fish.
Menu upgrade options also available, contact us if you’d like more information
Non-fishing private charters
Fitzroy Island BBQ Charter (half day)
- Half day (5 hour) trip to Fitzroy Island.
- Depart anytime between 7am-12pm
- 70 minute cruise each way to Fitzroy Island
- BBQ Lunch with fish or beef burgers, salads, condiments and tropical fruit platter
- Seafood lunch upgrade available upon request
- Swim or snorkel at the island (snorkel gear, vests and stringer suits included)
- Cruise around the island on the boat or go ashore and explore the resort and island walks
- $2,950 (up to 18 passengers)
- Green Island or Fitzroy Island transfers available (one way)
- $1700 (up to 18 passengers)
Evening BBQ River Cruise
- 2.5 hour cruise along the Trinity Inlet with BBQ on-board.
- $1800 (up to 18 passengers)
Contact us for more information for non-fishing private charters or groups larger than 18.
Gift someone a unique experience they won’t forget! Our gift vouchers are available for all our charters and make a great present for the most experienced fisherman to a complete novice!
Find out more
“Fantastic experience for the experienced and novice fisherman/woman. Skipper and crew are super friendly, knowledgeable, attentive. If you get a snag or lose a hook they are quick to help you out and get your line back in. Beautiful cruise, we caught plenty of different species of colourful tropical fish, I recommend this to everyone with even the slightest interest in fishing charters, money very well spent!!“
– Guest, Anthony H